Sunday, March 13, 2016

READ

To honor the passing of David Bowie, the American Library Association has re-released the famous Bowie 'Read' poster which was created in 1987 [link]
As soon as I heard about this I knew I needed to purchase one asap. I've been wanting one of these posters for years, but I could never find one.
I was devastated to find that the ALA does not ship overseas :(
Luckily, my New York friend, Mo, came to the rescue and she kindly acted as my go between in order to purchase and ship to Australia. (Thanks again, Mo, for being wonderful!!)

I'm very happy with my poster, and I'm looking at getting it framed or block mounted in order to preserve it better. This is a really lovely poster, and I can't wait to put it near my book case.
Frankly, I still haven't been able to process the passing of David Bowie. I won't be posting anything about his death, because I don't think I can put into words how much he meant to me.

No comments: